In this modern hurly burly world, it is important to have a code to live by. These are the tips I give my children:
1. Don’t marry an evil person.
2. Don’t eat candy you find lying around.
3. Remember, guns don’t kill people. Mostly, its the bullets.
4. You know those bestest ever bestest friends you love so much now? Five minutes after you leave school, you’ll never see them again. Friends are replaceable. So is money, but you have to work to get that.
7. If you hear a scary noise outside, stay inside. And take off that red shirt.
8. Lots of the stuff your parents tell you will turn out to be right, which is very very annoying.
9. Let it go. Let it all go.
10. Don’t. You will get caught.
11. If your plane is about to crash, try and be floaty.
12. Don’t start a land war in south east Asia.
13. Don’t get a tattoo with your girl/boy friend’s name, because they are hard to change. Get a generic one, like “Boyfriend” or “I heart Girlfriend”.
14. Flags are not worth dying for, and taste like shit.
15. Stephen King needs to find characters who are not best selling authors.
16. Don’t tease vegans, they bite.
17. It is possible to own too many books about wars. And to read ‘The Day of the Triffids’ too often.
18. Tolerance is no excuse.
19. Keep the door closed to prevent rats come in.
2 thoughts on “Tips for good living”
This is a very interesting list. Some are eyebrow-raising for me, but most are dead on.
Same goes if you have a pet rat. You don’t want it go out.